Gene Hackman is the senior most former actor and novelist. If you are novelist, then must heard about him and his novels. But do you know Gene Hackman is former United States Marine Cop? As an actor, he worked for 48 years, almost 5 decades. Below here we share many interesting things and facts about Gene Hackman and his life.
- Former United States Marine Cop: Gene Hackman served in the United States Army from 1947 to 1951. He lied about his age in order to join as Marine Cop, that time, he was 16 years old.
- Parents and Family: Gene Hackman was born on January 30, 1930 to Anna Lyda Elizabeth and Eugene Ezra Hackman. He has one brother, Richard. He belongs to Dutch, English, and Scottish ancestry.
- RIP Gene Hackman: Once the rumors started to spread on social networks that Gene is no more and he is dead. Even someone created a Facebook page “RIP Gene Hackman”, which received over million likes. Popular actor Dylan McDermott tweeted his condolences to Hackman but then deleted after some times.
- Worked as Dog Catcher: Gene Hackman also worked as a dog catcher for the local animal shelter, when he was young.
- Debut and Success: Gene Hackman started her acting career in 1956 and joined the Pasadena Playhouse in California. He got the fame in 1967 after his role as Buck Barrow in Bonnie and Clyde. He is best known for his role in I Never Sang for My Father, The French Connection, French Connection II, The Poseidon Adventure, The Conversation, Superman: The Movie, and Mississippi Burning.
- Retirement as Actor: Gene Hackman retired as actor in 2004. His final movie was Welcome to Mooseport. In 2008, he confirmed that he had retired from acting.
- Arrested for Robbery: When Gene Hackman was young, he arrested for he robbed a candy store. He was accused of stealing soda and candy.
- Novelist Career: Gene Hackman begins his career as novelist in 1999, and written three popular novels: Wake of the Perdido Star, Justice for None (2004), and Escape from Andersonville.
- Wife and Family: Gene Hackman married twice in his life. He first married with Faye Maltese, and have three children together: Christopher Allen, Elizabeth Jean, and Leslie Anne Hackman. They divorced in 1986. He secondly married to Betsy Arakawa.
- Protective Husband: In 2012, Gene Hackman hit a homeless man, who threatened him and his wife Betsy Arakawa. He slapped that man outside of restaurant in New Mexico where they had been dining.
- Awards: Hackman won and nominated for many awards. He was nominated for five Academy Awards, three Golden Globes, two BAFTAs, winning Best Actor in The French Connection and Best Supporting Actor in Unforgiven.
- Fans of Jacksonville Jaguars: Gene Hackman is a big fan of NFL team Jacksonville Jaguars. He regularly attended Jaguars games as a guest.
We hope you like these interesting facts and things about Gene Hackman. We will come back with another Celeb’s facts.